Looking for a way to add social media follow buttons to your WordPress powered website? Just follow the simple steps as outlined below. If you do not already have an account on each of the social media you want to use, then i will advice you do so before proceeding with the steps below to add the follow buttons.
You Might Find This Useful:
Steps to Create a Facebook Page for your Website and Business
How to Create a Twitter Handle for your Website and Business
Why you need a Pinterest Page for Your Website and Business
How to Create a Pinterest Page for Your Website and Business
Adding Social Media Follow Buttons to WordPress:
We have different social media icons on our database which you can select from to add to your WordPress website. For ease and because of their popularity, we are going to make use of Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Pinterest buttons. If you want another social media button to be added, feel free to let us know by leaving a comment below.
- Login to you WordPress dashboard if you have not already done so.
- Create a “Text” widget on your site in the Customize > Widgets area
- Copy the code snippet below and paste into the content part of your “Text” widget.
<a href=”link to your Facebook page“>
<img title=”Facebook” alt=”Facebook” src=”https://www.educativehelper.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Facebook-icon.png” width=”50″ height=”35″ />
<a href=”link to your Twitter“>
<img title=”Twitter” alt=”Twitter” src=”https://www.educativehelper.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Twitter-icon.png” width=”50″ height=”35″ />
<a href=”link to your LinkedIn“>
<img title=”LinkedIn” alt=”LinkedIn” src=”https://www.educativehelper.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/linkedin.png” width=”50″ height=”35″ />
<img title=”Pinterest” alt=”Pinterest” src=”https://www.educativehelper.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/pinterest.png” width=”50″ height=”35″ />
- Finally click on Save to make the buttons start appearing.
Changes to Make:
By just copying and pasting the code snippet provided above will only add the social media (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Pinterest buttons) to your website but users will not be able to follow you. To fix this, make the following changes;
- Locate the texts in RED in the code snippet for each social media site you wish to include;
- Replace each of the text with the link to your social media page. For example, if i want to add the Facebook follow button to my website, i will replace link to your Facebook page with https://www.facebook.com/educativehelper/ before clicking on Save.