Are you always on the move and sometimes find yourself in places where there are no internet connections? Being in such situation as a business man mean you cannot reply to mails from your business partners and customers until you return back or happen to get internet connection. The worst part of it all is that sometimes when customers begin to think that you don’t have them at heart anymore, they tend to look elsewhere for the same product which you offer. To make sure this doesn’t happen, you need to make sure you let them know that you are still in business and will be back once you return from your trip. This is actually the work of a secretary. But assuming you don’t have a secretary, what will you do?
This where the Gmail Autoresponder come into play (for Gmail accounts only). When you enable the Gmail autoresponder, your customer gets an automated message once they send you a mail thus letting them know that you are still in business. Setting up an autoresponder for every mail sent to your Gmail account is pretty easy and you can set up yours by simply following the easy steps below;
Setting Up Gmail Auto Responder:
- Sign into your Gmail Account.
- Locate and click on the Setting’s Icon and then select Settings.
- On the settings page, scroll down to Vacation Responder.
- Turn on the Vacation Responder by ticking the radio box before it.
- Set the date when your vacation will start by entering it in the box for First day.
- Check the box for Last day and enter the date when your vacation is expected to end. You can leave this option blank if you don’t know the exact date you will be returning.
- Next enter the subject of the auto response mail and the message into the boxes provided for it.
- Finally click on Save Changes and you are done.
Note: If a contact sends you several messages, the automated reply will only be sent at most once every 4 days. You can set the auto responder to respond to only mails from people in your contact by clicking on the radio button just above the Save Changes button.