The popularity of WhatsApp is not something to be debated. Virtually millions of people around the world currently have this amazing app installed in their devices and use it on a daily basis. You are on this page because you want to learn how to secretly read WhatsApp messages without the sender knowing.
If you have been using WhatsApp to send and receive messages, you must have noticed that there are three types of ticks that appear for when you send a message. A single tick indicates that the message has been sent. A double tick indicates that the person you sent the message to have received the message but have not yet read it. Once he/she reads the message, the double tick will change to a double blue one.
Now lets assume you are the receiver and for some reasons, you want to be able to read WhatsApp messages without the senders knowing that you have read them. Well there is a feature for that which can be enabled in Settings. But doing that will mean you will not be able to know when other people have read messages you send to them. That’s not good in some aspects.
In this post, i will show you two methods via which you can secretly read WhatsApp messages sent to you without the sender knowing that you have read it. The first method is the one i mentioned above that is enabled in Settings and the second is just a simple trick that you can apply so you can secretly read messages without the senders knowing and still know when they have read yours.
Method 1: Enable In Settings
- In the WhatsApp dashboard, locate and click on the ‘options icon’
- Select ‘Settings‘ from the drop down that will appear.
- Next select ‘Account‘ in the Settings page
- Select ‘Privacy‘ from the list of options there
- Locate and turn off ‘Read receipts‘.
Remember that by turning off the ‘Read receipts‘ option, you will not be able to know when messages you send to others have been read.
To avoid turning off the ‘Read reciepts‘ option and still be able to secretly read messages sent to you without the sender knowing, always make use of Method 2 below;
Method 2: Reading Without Internet Access
Whenever you receive a WhatsApp message and you want to read it without the sender knowing you have read it, here is what to do.
- Once you receive the message, go to your phone Settings and enable Aeroplane mode. Enabling Aeroplane mode automatically disables the SIM(s) in the phone and thus the internet access.
- Now go ahead and open your WhatsApp to read the message. When you are done reading the message, ensure you close the WhatsApp application before disabling Aeroplane mode.
Using any of the above methods will help you read any WhatsApp message without the sender knowing. But i prefer the second method as i can see when others read mine. What is your take on this?