Do you think you are sharing too much information without receiving anything in return? There comes a time in every new blogger’s life where money becomes a necessity. If you aren’t selling things on your website but want your readers to be able to show their appreciation for the information they are getting from your blog or website, then you can add a donation button via which your readers can make free-will donations to your blog to help you maintain the site. There are lots of payment option available online today but the most popular is PayPal which has more than 60% active users. So for today’s tutorial, I am going to show you guys how to add a PayPal donate button to your blog so that your readers can use it to donate money to your blog. To add this button to your blog, follow the procedure below
Create a PayPal Account
- If you have not done so already, visit PayPal to do so by entering all the required information and then verifying your Email address and also linking your Bank account and credit card to the PayPal account you have created.
- Next copy the below code and make the necessary changes and then add to your blog page. The procedures for adding the donate button code for the various blogging platforms are listed below after the code.
PayPal Donate Button Code
<!– begin PayPal donate button by www.easytins.com–> <div align="center"><form method="post" action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr"> <div class="paypal-donations"><input type="hidden" value="_donations" name="cmd"/> <input type="hidden" value="YOUR PAYPAL EMAIL" name="business"/> <input type="hidden" value="YOUR BLOG URL" name="return"/> <input type="hidden" value="You found the information helpful and want to say thanks? Your donation is enough to inspire us to do more. Thanks a bunch!" name="item_name"/> <input type="hidden" value="USD" name="currency_code"/><input type="image" alt="PayPal – The safer, easier way to pay online." name="submit" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_donateCC_LG.gif"/> <img width="1" height="1" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/scr/pixel.gif" alt=""/></div></form> </div><!– end PayPal donate button –>
Adding the Button to Blogger
- On your Blogger Dashboard, navigate to Layout >>> Add a Gadget.
- Click on Save to add the button to your Blogger blog.
Adding the Button to Self-Hosted WordPress
- Go to Widgets and drag a new Text widget into the widget area.
- Copy the above PayPal donate button code and paste into the Text box.
- Click on Save.
NOTE: Make sure you replace YOUR PAYPAL EMAIL and YOUR BLOG URL in the PayPal Donate Button Code above with your PayPal Email and the URL of your blog. Remember that adding a PayPal donate button to any website or blog other than a non-profit one can get your PayPal account frozen.
If you have any question, please do feel free to ask as i will be very happy to be of help.