Are you a Youtuber or into the business of uploading videos online, or you just want to reduce the size of a video file? There are about so many reasons why you will want to reduce the size of a video. Making a video file size smaller basically help reduce bandwidth usage and upload time, and there’s less buffering on your viewer’s end. But how do you easily reduce the size of a video without losing quality? Here is a simple procedure i use.
Before we begin, you will need to download the Handbrake software and install it on your computer. Once you have downloaded and installed the software, proceed with the steps below;
- Launch handbrake & click on “File (Open a single video file)” and select the video of choice.
- Now, enter the name you want to give to your output file and then click on “Browse” button to set the path where you want to save the video file after encoding.
- Next, click on “Dimension” then under “Size” set the video width and height same as source file. Under “Cropping”, select up “Custom” and set everything to 0 (i.e. the top, right, bottom and left).
- Go to video tab and make sure that “H.264(X264)” is selected as video codec.
- After you’re done with above steps, hit “Start Encode” button & it will start encoding.
- Patiently wait while the video encoding process completes.
Once the encoding is done, check the path where you have set for the encoded video to be saved and confirm that its size has been reduced.
If this tutorial was useful, remember to share this with friends and family using any of the share buttons below.