Do you know you can add your favorite website to your android home screen? By so doing, you can always click on the website’s icon on your Android device home screen to access the site. This reduces the stress of having to enter the website’s URL in a browser before you can access the site.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox on Android allow you to place quick access links to the websites and web apps that you access most frequently. Here’s how to create a shortcut and add it to your device.
How to Add a Website to Your Android Device Hoe Screen Using Google Chrome
For this, you won’t have to download the Chrome browser since all Android powered device has it installed already.
- Locate and open the Google Chrome browser on your Android device.
- Enter the URL of the website you wish to add to your device’s home screen and allow the website’s homepage to display.
- Open Chrome’s Settings menu by tapping on the three vertical dots found in the top-right corner of the browser’s interface.
- Locate and select the ‘Add to Home Screen’ button.
- Enter any title you wish to call the website link and icon you want to add to your Android device’s Home screen and then tap ‘Add’.
By so doing, the icon of the website will be added automatically to your Android device’s home screen. When ever you want to visit the website, just tap the icon and you will automatically be taken to its page.
How to Add a Website to Your Android Device Home Screen Using Mozilla
To add a website on your Android device home screen using Mozilla Firefox, you will have to first of all download Mozilla Firefox browser since for now, it does not come with an Android OS. Once you have successfully downloaded and installed the browser, you can then go ahead with this tutorial on how to add any website on your Android device home screen using the Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox browser
- In the address bar of the Mozilla Firefox browser, enter the URL of the website you wish to add to your device’s home screen and allow the website’s homepage to display.
- Next, touch and hold on the website’s URL in the browser’s address bar until a pop-up menu appears.
- Select ‘Add Page Shortcut‘ from the pop-up menu option.
Once you tap the ‘Add Page Shortcut‘, the website link and icon will be automatically added to your Android device’s home screen. For older mobile version of Mozilla Firefox browser, a new window will open and you will see a preview of the website’s icon. Tap the ‘Add Automatically‘ button to add the icon on your device’s home screen.