There are several ways via which website owners and administrators protect their site’s content from being copied but the most popular is the text copying. If you are a visitor to such website, you will be informed that text copying has been disabled or will only know that the feature has been added to the website if you are unable to highlight any text in the website.
To be able to copy any text from a website that has disabled text highlighting and copying, simply follow the steps below. Note that this guide is for only Mozilla Firefox users and can only be achieved with the help of a downloadable extension. For other browsers and methods of copying texts from protected websites, simply click on any of the topics below;
- How to Copy Texts from a Protected Website Using Chrome Browser
- How to Copy Image from a Website That Disabled Right Click on Image Copy
- Website Disabled Text Highlight and Copy? Here is What to do
- Enabling Text Highlight and Copy from Protected Website Using Internet Explorer
- Steps to Copy Texts from Protected Websites Using Safari Browser
Copy Texts from a Protected Website Using Firefox
This can only work on Mozilla Firefox since the extension to use is a Firefox extension. Follow the steps below if you have the Firefox browser installed on your computer.
- Open your Firefox browser interface and visit https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/absolute-enable-right-click/
- Once the page opens, locate and click on the Add to Firefox button to begin download of the extension.
- On the pop-up that will appear, click on the Add button to add the extension to your browser. Note that doing so will give the extension permission to access your data for all websites and access browser tabs.
- After the extension has been successfully added to the Firefox browser, you will see its icon appearing by the top right corner of the browser’s interface.
- To copy any text from a protected website, click on the Absolute Enable Right Click & Copy icon once in the page you want to copy text from.
- Next click on Enable Copy to enable text highlighting and copying from the website. Doing so, you will be able to copy any text from the website.
Now you can highlight and copy any text from a website that has protected its contents. Note that the above procedure if followed and applied, will allow you copy and images too from any website that has disabled the right-click option.