Its not surprising that almost all blog owner wish and have already added this extremely good feature to their blog. The Google search engine is among the most popular if not the most popular search engine as of present and adding it to your blog will be of an advantage. You wont only get highly ranked by Google, but you get the opportunity to earn more for every click made on the search result if you have an Adsense account enabled with it.
Creating Google custom search engine for your blog is very easy and this is how to get it done;
- Enter your site URL, Select Language and Name of the Search Engine, and then click on the “Create” button.
- Once you click on the “Create” button, you will get a congratulatory message telling you that your Custom Search Engine have been successfully created.
- The next step is to add the code to your website page. To be able to do this, you will have to click on the “Get Code” button to copy the code which you will add to your website.
Adding The Search Widget to Blogger:
- Log into your Blogger dashboard
- Click on Layout >>> Add Gadget
- Paste the code which you copied earlier into the box provided
- Click on “Save“
- Preview to verify if the Google Search bar is appearing where you want it to and then click on “Save Arrangement“
Adding The Google Search Widget to WordPress:
- Login to your WordPress dashboard.
- Navigate to Appearance >>> Widgets.
- Locate and click on Custom HTML and add it to the side you want the Google Custom Search to appear on your WordPress site.
- Finally paste the code you copied earlier into the content box provided and click on Save >>> Done.
Note that you can add the code anywhere in your website and it will work smoothly.