As we all know, there are two types of WordPress site: the self hosted WordPress sites and the ones which are hosted on WordPress server. All sites that are hosted on the WordPress server usually by default appear in the form of a subdomain (i.e. something like websitename.wordpress.com). The former which are hosted on a different server has to go along with an already purchased domain name.
If you are self hosting your WordPress powered website then you must have noticed that after downloading and installing the WordPress CMS on your server, and you want to login to the admin dashboard, you are given an option to Log in with WordPress.com which basically is only possible if you have a WordPress.com account.
There are several reasons why most people don’t fancy having the Log in with WordPress.com and this tutorial, i want to show you guys how to remove the Log in with WordPress.com in the login form. Follow the instructions below;
- Go to Plugins and search for Jetpack
- Install and Activate the Jetpack plugin
- Once the activation is complete and settings applied as required, locate and hover your mouse cursor over Jetpack in your Admin panel.
- Click on Settings from the options that appears when you hover your mouse cursor over Jetpack.
- On the Settings page, scroll down to WordPress.com login and click on Allow users to log in to this site using WordPress.com accounts
With that done, you will no longer have the Login with WordPress.com option appearing in your WordPress website login page.