If you are considering giving a user administrative right over your Blogger blog then you need to be extremely careful because once you have given that user the administrative privilege over your blog, he/she becomes equal with you and can simply demote you to being an author on your own blog or even delete you thus making him or herself owner of the blog.
In short, Administrative right should be given only when you trust the other party unless you are willing to take a risk of completely losing the right to your own blog. I have come to realize that there are times when you must have to give a user administrative privileges over your blog especially in situations where you don’t possess the technological know-how on how to customize your blog and want to hire a professional to help you effect some changes on your blog’s template design.
If you have made up your mind to give a user administrative right over your blog for any reason, then here is how to do it
- Sign into Blogger and go to Settings >>> Basics >>> Permissions.
- Now click on Add Authors.
- Enter the Email address of the user you wish to grant Admin Rights.
- Next click on the Invite Authors button which will make Blogger send a request to the user on your behalf.
- Once the user accepts the request, you will receive a confirmation email informing you that your invite has been accepted. The user becomes an Author on your blog which you can confirm by refreshing the Permissions page.
- Notice that in the image above, next to the user’s email is a title that reads Author which has a drop down arrow.
- To give the user Admin rights over your blog, simply click on the drop-down arrow and select Admin.
With that done, you have simply granted a user full rights over your blog. Note that such user to whom you have granted the admin rights can demote you down to an author or just simply delete you completely thus taking full control of your blog without your consent. So BE CAREFUL when it comes to granting admin privileges over your blog to other users.
Revoking Admin Rights
If for any reason the user you have granted admin rights to, starts doing things you do not appreciate or is done with the task you wish him/her to help you perform, then you can take back the rights by simply clicking on the drop down arrow on the Admin which should be appearing next to the users email, and select Author or just click on the cancel X button to delete the user.
I hope this was helpful? What is your take on allowing other users have equal rights as you in your own blog?