With the addition of the status update feature to WhatsApp comes some security challenges which was addressed by WhatsApp team by making the status available for only a period of 24 hours. The reason as to why this was done is still something I am yet to understand but one worrisome part of it all is that they did not in any way give an option for users to save such photos/videos as usually done on Facebook.
I guess majority of you guys have been trying with no luck to save the photos and videos used by your friends in their WhatsApp status update but to no avail. Basically the desire to save such WhatsApp pictures or video updates is because it won’t be available anymore to be viewed 24 hours after it must have been used by your friends as their status. Well today is your luck because I shall be showing you guys a simple method to save the photos and videos used as status update on WhatsApp. To get started, simply follow my easy step by step guide below;
- Search for and download Story Saver for WhatsApp from Play Store. I want to believe that you know how to download and install Android apps from Play Store but if you don’t know how, then you can simply follow my tutorial Steps to Download and Install Android Apps from Google Play Store.
- Once you have downloaded Story Saver for WhatsApp from Play Store, open the application.
- On opening/launching the application, you shall get a screen just like the one shown in the image below. All your friend’s status updates (both pictures and videos) are shown at the top of the app’s interface. You can tap/click on any of them to view, save and share.
- To view the recent statuses, simply tap/click on Recent Stories as indicated in the image below.
- Notice that on the Recent Stories page, there is an option for Pictures and Videos. Toggle between both depending on the file type of the WhatsApp status you wish to save.
- Once you have located the status you want to save, tap/click on it to select. You can select multiple statuses as you wish.
- Next tap/click on the Download Icon at the top right corner of the app’s interface to automatically save the selected statuses to the Saved Stories section of the Status Saver for WhatsApp application.
- To view the Saved statuses, simply tap/click on Saved Stories on the Status Saver for WhatsApp application interface.
I you don’t think that this procedure of saving WhatsApp statuses is easy, then you can check my other post How to Easily Save WhatsApp Statuses (Photos and Videos) for another approach to saving WhatsApp statuses.